The NRF-DAAD In-Country Scholarship 2024 is a collaboration between the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the National Research Foundation (NRF) in South Africa.
It offers funding for full-time Master’s and PhD degrees at South African universities.
This scholarship is specifically aimed at South African citizens or permanent residents who wish to gain research experience in both South Africa and Germany.
2. Eligibility Criteria for NRF-DAAD In-Country Scholarship 2024
To be eligible for the NRF-DAAD In-Country Scholarship 2024, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Enroll in a Master’s or PhD degree program at a South African university.
- Hold South African citizenship or have permanent South African residency.
- Be 32 years of age or younger at the time of application.
3. Benefits of NRF-DAAD In-Country Scholarship 2024
Recipients of the NRF-DAAD In-Country Scholarship 2024 enjoy the following benefits:
- Full funding for their Master’s or PhD degree in South Africa.
- Opportunities to apply for short-term research stays in Germany.
- Access to interdisciplinary summer schools offered by various German universities.
- Invitation to a networking conference in South Africa organized by the DAAD Information Centre Johannesburg.
4. Application Process for NRF-DAAD In-Country Scholarship 2024
Interested applicants should follow these steps for a smooth application process:
- Refer to the Manual for the NRF Connect System for applications.
- Access the NRF-DAAD Online Application Submission System to begin the application.