A list of 121 people who claim to have been clients of Claudia Drury, who claims to have been controlled by “sex cult” leader Lawrence Ray, has been briefly revealed.
The list, which was admitted under seal as part of Ray’s ongoing trial, was accidentally uploaded to a public share system by the Manhattan US Attorney’s Office before being quickly deleted.
What was the Sarah Lawrence ‘sex cult’?
Ray is currently on trial for allegedly being the leader of a “sex-trafficking cult” and abusing five Sarah Lawrence College students.
He is accused of extorting money from five different students at Sarah Lawrence College, a private liberal arts college outside of New York City, by using physical, sexual, and psychological abuse.
Claudia Drury, now 31, has been identified as one of the alleged victims.
Ray allegedly made several million dollars by prostituting her, according to Drury.
She is said to have sent the list to Ray’s alleged cohort, Isabella Pollok, in a 2018 email.
Ray, now 62, has been imprisoned since his arrest on extortion and sex trafficking charges in early 2020.
Who is on the Sarah Lawrence ‘sex cult’ list?
The list, which had been accidentally uploaded to a public sharing system, was quickly deleted once the error was discovered.
“Please do not copy, distribute, or use this exhibit in any way.” If you downloaded this file, please delete it,” an office representative said in a statement sent to media outlets inquiring about the error.
The list appears to represent a cross-section of New York’s elite, ranging from Wall Street to the arts and the legal system.
Those listed are said to include:
- a financier whose name also pops up in paedophile Jeffrey Epstein’s infamous black book
- a businessman whose title is brandished on a museum
- an ex-New York State Supreme Court judge
- a Gap Inc. executive and her husband
- an Amazon account executive
- a painter who splits his time between New York and Italy
- an architect who has designed university campuses
- a travel editor
- an international diamond dealer
- a Washington, DC-based lobbyist
- an executive at the Metropolitan Transit Authority