Tullow Ghana Scholarships
Tullow Ghana Scholarships
Tullow Oil is an independent oil and gas exploration and production company.
The Group has interests in over 40 exploration and production licences across 11 countries
Beneficiaries of the Tullow Ashesi Engineering Scholarship Scheme, who are five in number for the first batch, will enjoy free tuition, housing, meals, health insurance, among others. The scheme is expected to expand in the coming year to cover at least ten undergraduate students offering courses in Engineering at the Ashesi University.
Tullow Ghana Scholarships Eligibility
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Candidates must be legal residents of the participating countries.
- Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree (as stated above scholarship is for postgraduate aspirants) with second class upper, GPA 2.75 or above or first-class HND.
- Candidate must not have a previous history of studying abroad. Also, must not be a recipient of some international scholarship in the past or present.
- Candidates must be willing to return to their respective countries after finishing their studies to contribute towards the development of their homeland.
- Candidates should also have traits such as strong personality, ambition, leadership, and entrepreneurial skills, creative, competent in management, strategy building and ability to train others if a need arises.
- Applicants with second class upper and first-class bachelor degrees may be weighted higher for admission purposes.
- Individuals employed by Tullow and or British Council as staff/contractors/3rd party contractors/consultants or their direct dependents are not eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- Individuals employed by other Oil and Gas companies or companies that have a contract with Tullow are not eligible.
Tullow Ghana Scholarships Level/Field of study
It’s a noteworthy point that Tullow is not sponsoring a scholarship for only oil and gas courses; a wide range of courses that will help the economic growth of the participating country will be covered under the Tullow Group Scheme as well.
Some of the courses covered are.
- Engineering and technology
- Environment and Geosciences
- Oil and Gas Economics
- Business Journalism
- Logistics and Supply Chain
- Law and legal courses
- Marine Sciences (Fisheries and aquaculture)
- Agriculture and Agro-based course
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Business (Economics, Finance, and Management)
- Engineering (Petrochemical Engineering, Subsea Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Oil and Gas Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Automation Systems, Electrical Engineering, and Chemical Engineering)
- Other (oil and gas related) applied sciences apart from medicine
Tullow Group Scholarship Scholarship Benefits
These opportunities have a value that includes $60,000 per annum which is the cost of the package per scholar in the region for
- full tuition fees;
- a monthly stipend;
- travel costs;
- warm clothing; and
- baggage allowance
How to apply for Tullow Group Scholarship
Applications for the UG-Tullow Tertiary Scholarship Scheme must be submitted online at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember to attach the required essays, a copy of your academic records (WASSCE grades for undergraduate and academic transcripts for graduate applicants) letters of recommendation and supporting financial need documents.
Applicants must simultaneously submit applications for admission into the relevant programme at University of Ghana: https://admission.ug.edu.gh
NOTE: STUDENTS FROM THE WESTERN REGION ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Tullow Ghana Scholarships Deadline
DEADLINE for the submission of the applications is SEPTEMBER of each year
Tullow Ghana Scholarships Selection
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Applicants will have ten (10) calendar days to confirm acceptance after notification of the offer. After this date, it will be assumed that the student is unable to take up the scholarship.
The University of Ghana reserves the right to refuse or end attribution of the scholarship if any information provided in support of the application is false.
For more information on the scheme at the University of Ghana, please contact:
Students Financial Aid Office on 020-518-6904/0302- 945-312 or email: email@example.com. OR Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org