Tourism Development & Culture (Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters) Scholarships 2022/2023 for International Students
Scolarship applications for Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Degree MSc Tourism Development & Culture (TourDC) is now open. Apply below
Application Deadline: 8th January 2021.
About the Award: The University of Glasgow is pleased to announce the availability of scholarships for Masters Degree in Tourism Development & Culture (TourDC). The Erasmus Mundus opportunities are available for well-qualified International Students.
The University of Glasgow is the leading partner in the consortium of universities that have developed this joint Masters programme. Other degree-awarding partners include the University of Malta, Lund University (Sweden) and University Institute Lisbon.
Eligible Field(s): Tourism Development & Culture (Msc)
- EMJMD student scholarships cover the entire duration of the Master course and are awarded exclusively for full-time enrolment in the course. Scholarship candidates must be Undergraduates with a minimum 2:1 Honours degree or equivalent (e.g. a Grade Point Average of 75%) or demonstrate a recognised equivalent level of learning according to national rules and legislation in place. Candidates who will only obtain a minimum 2:1 Honours degree or equivalent (e.g. a Grade Point Average of 75%) at the end of the academic year, preceding the EMJMD intake, can nevertheless apply for a scholarship and can be selected by the consortium, under the condition that the student obtains the required degree prior to the beginning of the Master course.
- Students who are former Action 1 Erasmus Mundus Master/Doctoral Course scholarship holders are not eligible for an additional EMJMD scholarship. Successful applicants cannot benefit from another EU grant while pursuing the EMJMD scholarship studies.
- EMJMD scholarship holders must spend at least two complete mobility periods in at least two of the consortium’s full HEI partners which are located in different Programme Countries. Each of these mandatory mobility periods must include a volume of study/research or equivalent corresponding to at least 30 ECTS.
- The mandatory mobility periods cannot be replaced by virtual mobility neither can they take place in institutions outside the consortium, unless prior agreement has been reached with the Consortium and EACEA due to mitigating circumstances i.e. Covid-19 related reason.
- Additional study/research/thesis preparation/placement periods can take place in other participating organisations in the consortium (partner and associated partner) under the condition that the activities concerned are implemented under the direct supervision of the consortium partner.
- Contribution to subsistence costs will not be given to scholarship holders from a Partner country for periods exceeding three months of the EMJMD spent in any Partner country.
- Contribution to subsistence costs will not be given to scholarship holders for periods of the EMJMD spent in their country of residence.
Selection criteria: The TourDC consortium selection committee assesses each application according to the following criteria:
- Academic merit (e.g. relevance and level of academic qualifications) – 40%
- Supporting personal statement – 25% (400 words in total)
- Quality of (academic) references – 25%
- Other (e.g. relevant research/professional experiences/interests) – 10%
Eligible Countries: EMJMD student scholarships can be offered to students from any region of the world – however no more than three from the same country or with the same nationality will be awarded in the same intake. The scholarship’s terms depend on your country of origin/residence.
To be Taken at (Country): UK
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The EMJMD student scholarship includes:
- a contribution to your participation costs (including tuition fees, full insurance coverage and any other mandatory costs related to your participation in the EMJMD study programme)
- a contribution to your travel and installation costs
- a monthly subsistence allowance for the entire duration of the EMJMD study programme
Duration of Award: 2 years
How to Apply: For guidelines on how to apply for the TourDC degree programme and scholarship please see How to Apply.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Contents on this page are subjected to changes with time, whiles we continue to update the page regularly, we encourage you to subscribe to our newsletter so you get updated when articles are updated.