Schauenburg Education Trust Bursary 2021
The Schauenburg Education Trust financially assist qualified students who wish to complete studies in the fields which have been identified as scarce skills. The Trust wants to make sure that these skills will be available for employment in South Africa by offering a bursary scheme.
Bursaries for the 2021 academic year will cover the 100% of the prescribed university tuition fees, registration fees and exam fees, an amount equal to the average rate for accommodation at a university hostel to which the student is studying, three meals a day, textbooks and course material as well as living allowances.
Bursaries are awarded according to merit, need and other requirements as defined by the Trust. The Trust will identify the accepted universities for the bursary. Students who are already a recipient of other bursaries from other providers will not be accepted. Bursaries can be terminated and withdrawn at any time should the bursary holder does not meet the conditions of the bursary agreement.
About Schauenburg Education Trust
Schauenburg (Pty) Ltd trading as Schauenburg Systems is an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for mine safety. The company offers system integrator services, multi-disciplinary services and program management methodologies to ensure an efficient solution for mine safety management.
On January 1 2015, Schauenburg Systems restructured its business and established the Schauenburg Education Trust. Schauenburg then achieved the Mining Charter requirement of a 25.1% black ownership. The Schauenburg Education Trust was also created to contribute to the socio-economic transformation of South Africa. The trust provides bursaries to young black students to help them further their studies in the fields of Economics, Electronics and Engineering.
Schauenburg Systems together with the Schauenburg Education Trust supports corporate social responsibility and as such helps develop the previously disadvantaged individuals and communities through education and training.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- Full time second or third-year students who are studying Electrical Engineering Degrees (BEng or BSc) or Business Administration/Management Degrees at specified accredited South African universities
- Black as per BEE legislation, Black women, Black students under 35 years old and Black disabled students will be given preference
- South African citizens with valid ID numbers
- Applicants who are willing to attend interviews and further examinations
- Applicants who are willing to spend university holidays doing vacation work at Schauenburg Systems (Pty) Ltd
- Minimum level 6 for Maths (not Maths Literacy), Science and English in their matric year
- Good academic performance and have passed all courses and subjects
How to Apply and Application Details
- Apply online at http://schauenburg.co.za/schauenburg-education-trust-application-form/
- Submit matric results and most recent full academic record, together with the application.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interviewed by the Bursary Administrators as well as the Trustees. Successful applicants will be given details about to the Schauenburg Education Trust Bursary Scheme, a written contract and other information for completion.
30 June 2018
Address: 26 Spartan Road, Spartan Ext.21, Kempton Park, 1619, South Africa
Post: PO Box 145, Isando, 1600, South Africa
Tel: +27 (010) 590 1571
Fax: +27 (011) 974 0077