Onassis Fellowships Program For International Scholars 2021
About Onassis Foundation
The Onassis Foundation was established in 1975 through Aristotle Onassis’ last wish to honor the memory of his son, Alexander. The Foundation’s headquarters are located in Vaduz, Liechtenstein, as also was included in Aristotle Onassis’ will.
Onassis Fellowships Program
The Foundation is now accepting applications for non-Greek nationals, University Professors of
all levels, Postdoctoral Researchers and Ph.D. candidates for research in Greece on topics about greek culture, society or economy. A total of ten scholarships will be granted where three scholarships will be given to university professors of all academic ranks, three scholarships to post-graduate researchers and four scholarships to PhD candidates.
The program accepts applicants from the following fields of study:
- Humanities: Philology, Literature, Linguistics History, Archaeology Philosophy, Educational Studies and Psychology
- Social Sciences: Political Science, Sociology, International and European Studies and Social Policy
- Economics/Finance: Maritime Studies, Finance and Public Finance
- Arts: Art History, Visual Arts, Music Dance, Theatre Photography, Film Studies, New Media and Cultural management
Program Requirements and Eligibility
The Program offers research fellowship in Greece only and requires:
- People of non-Greek descent
- Cypriot citizens and Greek descent of second generation and onwards will be accepted to apply for Category D and E fellowship only, as long as they are permanent residents outside of Greece
- Previous Fellowship recipients of the Foundation can re-apply for a fellowship at minimum five years elapsed time since their previous fellowship
- Those who have received the Foundation’s fellowship twice, cannot apply again to the fellowship program
How to Apply and Application Details
- Apply online at the Foundation’s website for the respective categories:
- Include the additional required documents certified copies with your application, respective of categories, as stated in the Onassis Fellowship announcement document.
- Candidates who have previously applied for a fellowship/scholarship within the last two years and wish to apply again this year do not have to resubmit all the required documents, only the following are required:
- Application form
- New CV
- New letter with the project proposal
- All documents and requirements must be written or legal translated in Greek, English or French
- Candidates must keep the confirmation code of the submitted online application for future reference.
- Submit complete application requirements through:
ARIONA HELLAS S.A.
Representing the Alexander S. Onassis Public Benefit Foundation in Greece Onassis International Fellowships Program
7 Aeschinou Street
105 58 Plaka, Athens
[Verification code for the submission of the online application]
28 February 2018
Address: 7 Aeschinou Street, 105 58 Athens
Tel: +30 210 37 13 018
Fax: +30 210 37 13 013