KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission Bursary 2021
About KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission
The KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission is founded promote KwaZulu-Natal province as a major film destination, not only locally but also internationally. The commission also has the objective of providing opportunities especially from disadvantaged communities, to participate in the film industry.
It also aims to address skills and resources scarcity in the province. Through these objectives, KZNFC developed programmes such as Internship Programme for the school graduates, Women and Youth Incubation Programme for the encouragement of women and young participants into the industry, Bursary Programme for academic financial support of students, Small Medium and Micro Enterprises (SMME) Development Programme that will strengthen SMME companies, Familiarization Tours for province promotion to film producers and film companies from around the country and the world and the Film Fund for film projects financial support.
KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission Bursaries 2021
The KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission (KZNFC) bursaries will be granted to students who wish to pursue studies towards Film and Television related programs at accredited KwaZulu-Natal tertiary institutions.
The bursary fund will cover registration and tuition fees, textbook allowances and accomodation costs. The programme is focused on encouraging individuals to participate in the film industry so as to increase industry experts especially within the previously disadvantaged communities.
KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- Students who have applied at KwaZulu Natal recognized tertiary institutions and have received a letter of acceptance
- Matriculants and undergraduates who wish to pursue their careers in Film/TV/Animation at a KwaZulu-Natal recognised tertiary institution
- South African citizens and residing in KwaZulu-Natal province
The selection criteria are based on the following:
- Proven academic performance
- Field of study and demand for the discipline
- Financial situation
- Representation (Gender, Disability and Race)
- Skills, ability and potential
How to Apply and Application Details
- Submission will open from 08 September – 25 October annually
- Complete the KwaZulu-Natal Film Commission Bursary Application form (pdf) The hard copies of this form are also available at the KZN Film Commission offices and can be submitted by:
- Applicants are required to submit a new application for every year of study.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- A certified copy of 2021 Grade 12 June exam results or a current academic record if you are currently studying at a tertiary institution.
- Certified copy of your ID document
- Certified copy of Matric June exam results, if currently in Matric
- Certified copy of Matric certificate, if completed Matric.
- Certified copy of your latest academic record, if currently at tertiary level
- Letter of acceptance to study at a tertiary institution in KwaZulu-Natal
- Tertiary institutes 2020 fee schedule (on institution’s letterhead)
- Parents/ guardians proof of household income (not older than 3 months) (latest payslips or letter of employment if employed/ proof of SASSA grant if applicable/ pension slip if on pension/ affidavit if unemployed etc)
- Parents/ guardians bank statement with maintenance order/ affidavit, if separated or divorced
- Proof of disability if disabled
20 October 2020 .
Post: 10th Floor, Musgrave Towers, 115 Musgrave Road, Berea, Durban, 4001
Address: Reception, 10th Floor, Musgrave Towers, 115 Musgrave Road, Berea, Durban, 4001
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com