He was born in SintKatelijneWaver in 1874. After his studies at the normal school, he became a teacher in Lier and in Turnhout. In Lier, he had Felix Timmermans as a pupil.
He then also became director of the Walcourt and later Boom state secondary schools. He was the author in particular of tales for young people. He died in Westmalle, Belgium, in 1951.
- Dompelaars (1909)
- Uit het Nethedal (1909)
- Jeugd (1910)
- Zonnig leven (1912)
- Langs kleine wegen (1912)
- Het gemartelde Lier. De eerste oorlogsjaren in het land van SintGommarus (1919)
- Vlaamsche humor (1922)
- Onnozele kinderdag (1927)
- De dijkgravin (by Marie Gevers, translated from French, 1934)
- Tony Bergmann (1936)
- Verzoening (by Marie Gevers, translated from French, 1942)
- Armantje (by Hermann Claudius, translated from German, 1943)
- Sooike’s jeugd (1944)
- Sam in Engeland (by C. Dowman, retold from English, 1946)
- Grijze dagen
- Maandag vieren
- Nonkel Sooi
- Novellen voor de jeugd (together with other authors)
- Van den roover Eyserentant
- Van een jongen die geluk had
Thanks for reading from Smiletimes, You are free to share this story via the various social media platforms and follow us on; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.