VGMA Heroes Concert
Follow all that happens at the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards Covid-19 Heroes virtual concert live on ghspeaks.com.
A Ghana Music Awards Foundation initiative, the concert is to honour the frontline health workers with a virtual concert.
VGMA Heroes Concert
Organisers of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA), Charterhouse, are holding their much-anticipated heroes concert.
The event made possible by the Ghana Music Awards Foundation is aimed at celebrating frontline workers helping to treat and/or limit the spread of the coronavirus.
Artiste performing at the VGMA heroes concert include Kofi Kinaata, Efya, Diana Hamilton, Celestine Donkor, Joe Mettle, Kwesi Arthur, Adina and others.
This is the first Heroes Concert to be organised by VGMA.
VGMA Covid-19 Concert – Heroes Concert
THANK YOU for constantly reading our stories. Kindly like, comment and SHARE stories on all social media platforms for more entertaining updates!
The Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA formerly Ghana Music Awards) was established in 2000 by Mascot to celebrate Ghanaian musicians. The awards are presented annually, and are broadcast live on GH One. The awards ceremony features performances by artists. In 2020, the nominees jam which was scheduled for the 4th of April at the Koforidua Jackson Park was postponed. This was in compliance with the National Directives on Public Gathering due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Ghana Music Awards trophy has been changed over the years, the current trophy being unveiled during the 2013 Vodafone Ghana Music Award – Industry Awards night. The trophy includes a plastic red, gold, green (national colours of Ghana) compact disc to symbolize music.
A blank list of categories along with definitions is sent out to industry practitioners in all regions of Ghana by the GMA Board; radio station DJs, night club DJs as well as MUSIGA regional offices, major distributors of music etc., for nominations in the various categories. Entries are also received from the following:
- Published call for entries in the Press.
- Nomination forms submitted by Record Companies.
- Google and other internet search engines are used to track online releases and to verify dates of release.
- Data from Mobile Content companies are also used to verify releases.
- Statutory organizations such as Copyright office are also used to verify works released as well as IP ownership.
- Nominations gathered are subjected to short listing by members of the VGMA Board.
- Artiste of the Year.
- Vodafone Song of the Year.
- Highlife Artiste of the Year.
- Reggae/Dancehall Artiste of the Year.
- Gospel Album of the Year.
- Songwriter of the Year.
- Hip-life/Hip-hop Artiste of the Year.
- Best New Artiste of the Year.
- Gospel Artiste of the Year.
- Best Collaboration of the Year.
- Hip-life Song of the Year.
- Album of the Year.
- Record of the Year.
- Highlife Song of the Year.
- Afro-Pop Song of the Year.
- Gospel Song of the Year
- Reggae Dancehall Song of the Year.
- Best Male Vocal Performance.
- Best Female Vocal Performance.
- Hip-Hop Song of the Year.
- Best Rapper of the Year.
- Best Music Video of the Year.
- Best Group of the Year.
- Producer of the Year.
- Instrumentalist of the year.
- African Artiste of the Year.
Ghana Music Award for Artist of the Year
Artist of the Year is the topmost award at the Ghana Music Awards, given to the artist(s) adjudged by the Academy, Board and the general public as having the highest audience appeal and popularity. The artist(s) must have released a hit single/album during the year under review.Artist of the Year award winners
- 2000: Daddy Lumba.
- 2001: Kojo Antwi.
- 2002: Lord Kenya.
- 2003: Kontihene.
- 2004: V.I.P.
- 2005: Bice Osei Kuffour.
- 2006: Ofori Amponsah.
- 2007: Samini.
- 2008: Kwaw Kese.
- 2009: Okyeame Kwame.
- 2010: Sarkodie.
- 2011: V.I.P.
- 2012: Sarkodie.
- 2013: R2Bees.
- 2014: Shatta Wale.
- 2015: Stonebwoy.
- 2016: E.L.
- 2017: Joe Mettle.
- 2018: Ebony Reigns.
- 2021: unannounced.
- 2020: TDB.
We strive hard to prevent all forms of errors in our articles, however, should you detect any error or misinformation on SmileTimes, Contact us.
- Eventhough we have carefully considered and reviewed all of the site’s content, it is possible that information might be out-dated or incomplete.
Subscribe to our RSS Feed here, so you read our latest publications