Foso College of Education Recruitment 2021
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Foso College of Education Recruitment 2021.
Foso College of Education is a co-educational teacher education college in Foso. The college is located in the Central/Western zone. It is one of 46 public colleges of education in Ghana and participated in the DFID-funded T-TEL programme. The principal is Dr Anthony Baabereyir.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Foso College of Education Recruitment 2021
Job Title: College Finance Officer
• The Finance Officer’s position is a top management position heading a major division of the college
• Is the Chief Accounting Officer of the College and the Chief Financial Advisor to the Principal
• Has general responsibility for the administration of the financial affairs of the college that will ensure its financial health and he/she exercises direct superintendence, overall accounting officers
• Is responsible for collecting all legitimate revenues due to the college
• Exercises control over expenditure in line with the college’s objectives and budgets
• Has the duty of preparing the annual budget of the college for presentation to the appropriate governing body for approval and implementation
• Is also responsible for ensuring that the financial statements of the college are drawn up in accordance with the law establishing the college, the statutes, applicable accounting standards and all other regulations approved by the college as well as all other relevant national laws and
• Liaises with the appointed external auditors to get the college’s financial statements audited
• Applicant must hold a good first degree or comparable qualification plus a professional qualification or a master’s degree in finance. He/She must have served as a Deputy Finance Officer in a College of Education or comparable grade in a similar institution/organization for at least 4 years.
In addition, applicants must:
• Be analytical, critical, result-oriented, innovative and visionary
• Possess excellent communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills
• Possess hands-on ability to work independently
• Be a good team player
• Possess strong IT skills and familiarity with accounting software
• Be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines and possess a proactive commercial flair
Job Title: College Internal Auditor
• In general, the Internal Auditor will provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the college’s operations.
• He/She will help the college accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic disciplined approach to evaluate and improve risk management, control and governance processes.
• Determining the reliability and adequacy of accounting, financial and operational controls in the college
• Evaluating the procedures of the college to determine whether results are consistent with stated objectives and goals
• Monitoring compliance with established policies, plans and procedures
• Appraising the quality of performance of those carrying out assigned responsibilities
• Assessing the extent to which assets are accounted for and safeguarded against losses
• Ensuring that reliable records form the basis for the preparation of appropriate financial and other data provided for decision-making
• Drawing the Principal’s attention to deficiencies in the system, instances if duplicated functions, with other inefficiencies with recommendations for remedies where necessary
• Carrying out special reviews of accounting and internal control systems with the view to minimizing weaknesses
• Applicant must hold a good first degree or comparable qualification plus a relevant professional qualification or a Master’s degree in the relevant area. He/She must be a member of a recognised accountancy professional association as well as a member of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
• He/She must have served as a Deputy Internal Auditor at a College of Education or comparable grade in a similar institution/organisation for at least 4 years
How to Apply for Foso College of Education Recruitment
Interested applicants who meet the criteria for any of the position indicated above should please submit (6) copies of application package consisting of: (i) application letter, (ii) curriculum vitae, (iii) certificates & accompanying transcripts) and (iv) two referee’s reports to
P.O. Box 87, Assin Foso, Central Region Or application packages documents should also be sent by email to [email protected]
Application Deadline: 20th August 2021.[maxbutton id=”1″] [maxbutton id=”2″]
We strive hard to prevent all forms of errors in our articles, however, should you detect any error or misinformation on SmileTimes, Contact us.
- Eventhough we have carefully considered and reviewed all of the site’s content, it is possible that information might be out-dated or incomplete.
Subscribe to our RSS Feed here, so you read our latest publications