Anglo American Platinum Bursaries 2021
Applicants who want to pursue studies in the following fields can apply for the Anglo Platinum Bursaries:
- Any field of study (only applicable to the Platinum Scholarship)
- Analytical Chemistry
- Applied Chemistry
- Metallurgy or Chemical Engineering
- Rock Engineering
Those who meet the requirements for the bursaries will have the following expenses covered by the programme:
- Allowance for prescribed textbooks
- Laptop allowance or a laptop
- Monthly stipend
- Registration fee
- Tuition fees
Aside from these, the student also receives the opportunity to participate in vacation work. Upon completion of their studies, students must accept a permanent position at Anglo American. The duration of their employment depends on the bursary funding they received.
About Anglo American Platinum
Anglo-American has been part of the mining industry and the southern African economy for more than 100 years. The company has interests in several metal mining concerns, one of them being in the lucrative platinum mining industry. The company operates in several countries around the world, with its central platinum mining interests located in the North-West Province of South Africa.
Anglo-American Platinum works across the entire mining process, from sourcing the platinum to processing and then selling it. The company embraces its corporate and social responsibilities through outreach programmes and bursaries to promising students studying towards a Bachelor of Mining Engineering Technology qualification.
Anglo American Platinum Bursaries 2020 – 2021 Requirements and Eligibility
Interested applicants must meet the minimum criteria before submitting their application:
- Must be a citizen of South Africa.
- Must pass the examinations for medical fitness.
- For the Platinum Scholarship, the applicant must currently be in Matric or must have completed Matric in any field of study. If currently at the tertiary level, must pass all of the subjects. Must also live within a 50km radius from the school.
- For Engineering students, the applicants must have completed Matric in 2020 with at least 60% in Mathematics, Physical Science, and English.
- For Chemistry students, the applicants must have completed their 3rd year of study in 2020 in an Analytical or Applied Chemistry degree. The applicants must also pass all of the modules to enter their 4th year of study in 2021.
- For Geology students, the applicants must have completed their 3rd year of study in 2020 in a Geology degree. The applicants must pass all of the modules too.
- For Metallurgy students, the applicants must have completed their 3rd year of study in 2020 in a Chemical Engineering or Metallurgy degree. The applicants must pass all of the modules too.
- For Mining students, the applicants must have completed their 3rd year of study in 2020 in a Mining Engineering degree. The applicants must also pass all of the modules to enter their 4th year of study in 2021.
- For Rock Engineering students, the applicants must have completed their 3rd year of study in 2020 in a Geology or Mining Engineering degree. The applicants must pass all of the modules too.
Failure to comply with ALL of these requirements will result in the application getting disregarded.
How to Apply and Application Details
Interested applicants may apply online. Applicants may apply at the following:
- Platinum Scholarship(Reference Id: REF1168M)
(Reference Id: REF1176U)
(Reference Id: REF1195X)
(Reference Id: REF1244M)
(Reference Id: REF1209S)
(Reference Id: REF1242H)
- Rock Engineering
(Reference Id: REF1230P)
Aside from the online application, interested applicants must also submit the following supporting documentation online:
- A certified copy of an ID document.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- For Platinum Scholarships, a certified copy of the Matric certificate if completed OR a certified copy of the most recent Matric results if currently enrolled.
- For Platinum Scholarships, proof of residence from the Chief of Operations of Anglo American Platinum (this is a stamped document).
- For Engineering students, certified copies of the final Grade 11 results and the most recent Matric results.
- For Mining and Rock Engineering, Geology, Chemistry, and Metallurgy students, certified copies of the Matric certificate, the most recent tertiary academic record, and the academic results for the year 2021.
These are part of the requirements. If the applicant doesn’t submit these documents completely, their application can get disregarded.
14 July 2020
Address: 55 Marshall Street, Johannesburg
Tel: +27 (0)11 373 6111