Registration and Fees 2020-2021
Minimum amount payable at registrationA minimum fee amount is payable before the closing dates for registration for each module or paper for which you register. If this amount is not paid before the closing date for registration, the university will not be able to process your registration. After paying the minimum amount, the outstanding balance must be paid by the relevant dates. Note: All fees must be paid into the correct bank account with the correct reference number or else the university will not be able to process your registration before the relevant closing date. In the case where a letter from an employer / sponsor confirming that they assume responsibility for payment is supplied, the university can provide the employer / sponsor with a quotation. Registration will only be activated upon receipt of the minimum payment by the relevant closing date. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that the employer / sponsor pay the fees in time. No late payments will be accepted. It is advisable for a student to pay his / her fees and claim it back from the sponsor.
Registration Fees 2020:
Full year registrations
Total fees (registration for all 9 modules) R55 053.00Registration fee (50%) R27 527.00 1st installment (15 March 2020) R13 763.00 2nd installment (15 August 2020) R13 763.00
Semester registrations1st semester intake Total fee (register for 5 modules) R30 585.00 Registration fee (50%) R15 293.00 Balance payment before 15 March 2020 R15 292.00 2nd semester intake Total fee (register for 4 modules) R24 468.00 Registration fee (50%) R12 234.00 Balance payment before 15 August 2020 R12 234.00 *Please note that fees stipulated are provisional and subject to change pending Council approval. It would be prudent to plan for 10% increase on fees for the 2020 academic year. The acceptance fee is payable on or before registration. Registration will only be processed if this registration fee is settled in full or a valid Purchase Order (PO) is provided. The bursar (sponsorship) letter is not sufficient for registration. Bursaries Bursaries are available. Bursaries will be awarded to deserving candidates. Please contact Bahia Singh (firstname.lastname@example.org) Please click here for the Online registration form
Unisa Online Registration GuidelinesUnisa’s online registration process is quick, simple and accurate. This is why we recommend this option. When registering online, you’ll be prompted when information is missing or incorrect, helping you to ensure that you include all the necessary information when submitting your registration form.
The steps are as follows
- Go to the Unisa registration website: http://registration.unisa.ac.za
- Choose the qualification level and then click “Go“.
- Enter your student number in the block provided and the other details as required. (If you don’t have a student number you won’t be able to continue; you’ll need to apply for a student number during the next application period.)
- Check your personal details on screen. Change any contact details that are missing or incorrect.
- Enter the modules for which you want to register. You must
- meet all the pre-requisites and co-requisites for the selected module
- enter the correct module code
- select the correct semester (1 = first semester; 2 = second semester)
- indicate in which language you want to receive your study material (English or Afrikaans) * Please note that not all modules are offered in Afrikaans. The language of tuition for each module is indicated in the module information.
- Do not exceed the prescribed number of modules per semester or year, as your registration will not be processed. Please also take Unisa’s re-admission rules into consideration when selecting your number of modules for the semester or year.
- Calculate your fees
- Use the fee quotation link on the Unisa website (http://www.unisa.ac.za/feequote) to obtain a quote for the cost of your modules.
- Note the minimum fee that must be paid before Unisa will process your registration. If these fees are more than you can afford, delete modules until you can afford the fees.
- You can make payment online, using a credit card at http://www.unisa.ac.za/feepayment.
- If you don’t have a credit card, you can pay at a Standard Bank. Retain your proof of payment in case of enquiries.
- Submit your registration.